Website maintenance may sound like a bit of a bore to some, but it has become a vital part of a business to many. Many people think once they have website up and running that’s it, just leave it and let it sort itself out. Well you can, but you could be loosing out on business and wasting a lot more money in the long run.
Here are a few facts on why you should keep on top of your website maintenance
- A website with relevant content added regularly will help your search engine rankings.
- Adding content to your website will improve engagement with your customers and shows you are passionate about what you do.
- Keeping on top of website maintenance is more cost effective than paying for than a total an overhaul.
- If you value your website ensuring your data is backed up and your site as secure as it can be is essential.
- The over all investment in website maintenance can pay massive dividends
- It’s a fact that it is easier and cheaper to keep on top of website maintenance than it is to hit it once every few years.
- Your competitors are doing it anyway, don’t get left behind!
Some may say website maintenance surely is costly. Well it depends on what size of business you are and how much you value your website and what your website can bring to your business. Many people pump thousands per year into various ways of reaching their customers with varying levels of success. A good website maintenance and support plan can ensure your website becomes the hub of your customer communications, plus it can provide detailed and granular feedback on all aspects of your online and offline activity. With the power of good analysis, you can gain almost empirical understanding and return on investment knowledge about all your customer facing communication.
The results speak for themselves, a client of WN6 Creative bought into the concept of website maintenance and continual development, they do little or no external marketing and have seen the results in what is a very competitive and difficult industry. By dovetailing into the management team and staff, understanding their business goals whilst encouraging the team to communicate good value customer facing materials the results soon began to speak for themselves. The graph on the right illustrates how from one year to the next consistent communication can increase visitors for special events and offers against terrific competition by a massive 134%.
This form of website maintenance is focused at ensuring as many aspects of your website are running properly, from content development, security, technological advances and design evolution. The whole package ensures you’re never behind the curve, or never far behind depending on your level of investment.
Website maintenance doesn’t have to cost the earth
Expert and personal website maintenance doesn’t have to cost the earth especially when you factor in the benefits it can bring. You could of course employ a junior full time or do it yourself, it’s still more expensive much less effective than a seasoned professional focusing in on what’s actually needed.