When it comes to Hindley Life Magazine up until recently it’s always been distributed in the printed form, from today you can now access their new web magazine portal online.
For 20+ years I have been involved in local community news working in Television and of course producing some many hundreds of local magazines, including Life Magazine and Local Life Magazine. Life being the first in the area has always looked to move online and offer a platform for community news and a place to empower and develop the community at large.
As the site in it’s first stages went live today the owner of Life magazine said
It’s been a long term dream of mine and really exciting to see it coming to life.
The site features many of the elements that can be found in the magazine, Community News, Community Group Showcase, What’s on and the special addition of a Dementia Friendly portal custom styled and developed to help provide more information on Dementia within the community.
In terms of technology a lot of bespoke coding went into the site to make it function as well as it does, yet provide a simple easy to use framework for content addition
The site features
- Column layout
- 100% responsive from top to bottom. This means the website resizes and reformats content automatically to the type of device.
- Full content management system.
- Responsive image scaling and image gallery
- Multiple sidebars tailored on a per category basis
- High speed image compression from Yahoo
- Embraces HTML5 & CSS3 technology
- RSS feed system for viewers to subscribe to update
- High speed
- Unlimited pages
- Dynamic return to top feature
- Social Networking functions
- Google ready with web tools built in
- Expandable and adaptable.
- Highly focused on user experience
- Front page responsive slider
- Integrated SEO tools for high visibility and search engine performance
With many plans to develop out the site in the future I’m sure this will be a very exciting time for Life magazine and local community magazines online in general. You can visit the site by clicking here