The Crown at Worthing, a small local pub in Standish have been with WN6 Creative Web Design for many years and seen some superb results from their website. As a partnership we work together to continually develop content and embrace change when the data suggests it’s a good idea.
Recently The Crown Pub had a superb result over the Halloween and Bonfire period achieving visitor rates in November and October higher than ever before. On the 5th November (Bonfire Night) the site achieved over 1,100 visitors – not bad for a small pub website! Significantly over 50% of the visitors were using mobile devices, tablets and smart phones.
The data had suggested for some time that developing a responsive mobile first website was important, now it was a must have for The Crown Pub.
By understanding the data and the services available a new evolution was born, one which sets The Crown website on a very firm footing for the future.
The site features
- Column layout
- 100% responsive from top to bottom. This means the website resizes and reformats content automatically for tablets and smart phone.
- Full content management system.
- Responsive image scaling and image gallery
- Multiple sidebars tailored on a per category basis
- Sophisticated What’s On guide system built in
- High speed image compression
- Embraces HTML5 & CSS3 technology
- RSS feed system for viewers to subscribe to update
- High speed
- Unlimited pages
- Dynamic return to top feature
- Social Networking functions
- Google optimised with web tools built in
- Expandable and adaptable.
- Highly focused on user experience
- Front page responsive slider
- Integrated SEO tools for high visibility and search engine performance
All in all the new pub website design is built on the foundations of the old website, embraces the archived content whilst providing a website experience for all users irrespective of the device they use.